I thought I was just kidding…..
….but my last blog title – “A Slow Leap” – was an understatement in regards to this social media stuff. But, being the forever hopeful one, I’m going to keep reminding myself that a few updates….well, they’re really not that hard. Truth is….the only thing moving slow with Vine is those social media efforts. 2011 is out-pacing last year’s record 22 containers. As June closes out – 12 have been shipped to Guatemala with an aid value of over $6.5 million….
(1) Medical supplies & equipment from our Knoxville facility, including items for projects for other organizations (our Designated Shipping Service).
(6) Wheelchairs & disability items from across the US – including (4) from Joni & Friends from Taft, CA – Xenia, OH – Nashville, TN – & Clifton, TN – (1) from Wheels of Hope (Canton, OH) – (1) from Hope Haven (Lynden, WA). All but one went to Bethel Ministries in Chimaltenango & for the JAF-Knoxville wheelchair distribution in August.
(3) Medical supplies & equipment from the Boston, MA – & Cleveland, OH areas - plus one from Samaritan’s Purse (Boone, NC).
(1) Worm medicine load from MAP International (originating in Holland). Yep, we can even handle loads outside the US.
(1) Metal roof trusses from Stark Truss Company (Summerville, SC) for the Hospital Shalom-Petén (their new second-floor project). That’s still medical….right? For a hospital….get it?
And then….3 more are scheduled for July – one from our local facility, another from Wheels of Hope, & another load of medicines from MAP International. More are tentatively planned later in the year. Our staff – Bruce White (local warehouse) – Dennis & Cindy McCutcheon (Guatemala warehouse) – Amy Turnblazer (development & fundraising) – & myself – continue our work-ethic motto…”under promise & over deliver.” Small, efficient, & productive seems to work well with what God has given to do….& it’s your support – with both aid & funds – that enables Vine to do more than we ever dreamed. Muchas, muchas gracias….to all of you….